View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Bonds Responds

[ QUOTE ]
The only problem I have with your reasoning here is this: you constantly harp about Hank admitting his use of 'greenies' and then you trot him out for this example. You can't have it both ways here. He is either dirty as you often claim or he is clean and the precedent for Bonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you insist that I simplify Hank Aaron as either "dirty" or "clean"?

Hank is a great baseball player who hit a ton of homeruns and admitted to using greenies once.

It is what it is....no more, no less.

I certainly don't think Hank Aaron is a dirty baseball player, nor do I think greenies aided in any of his 755 homeruns. My apologies if you got that impression.

In fact, Hank is a great baseball player who admitted using greenies once.

Willie Mays did the same, as did Mike Schmidt, and I certainly don't think either of them are dirty either.

I simply acnowledge that it is what it is...without feeling the need to oversimplify a man of great accomplishment into a digital "dirty" or "clean" label.

Granted, I pointed out Hank's use to highlight the hypocrisy in the media, as they refused to print even a mention of his prior admission during the entire chase, calling him the epitome of clean.

And when I originally posted the hypothetical of a ballplayer who took PED's just once, the consensus was that one time made someone a cheater.....until they discovered the example was Hank Aaron, and then the hypocrisy kicked in....

Funny how that works, huh?