View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 07:07 PM

Default TR: bookstore girls hits on me, i harsh her mellow severely

So I'm driving home from my work as an undercover alba manwhore or whatever today, pissed off that I got pwned in that thread cuz I had to leave to go home, and I head to the bookstore to pick up some books. I'm getting David Sedaris "Naked" and Jose Saramago "The Gospel According to Jesus Christ," both well-recommended fictions and by authors I like. So I walk straight in, get the books, walk directly to the front, register girl calls me over. She's tried this business in the past to no avail.

Register girl is like 5'2", fairly cute with reddish hair. But she's not a day over 18 if that (making me at least 7 years her senior), she has giant blue emo glasses and is wearing a WWJD bracelet. Three strikes bizzatch. She starts in:

her: "Wow you were quick, I saw you come in, you just went right over there huh? You must know what you like"

me: Yeah, I'm in kind of a hurry tonight

her: "So do you have a member card? (I say no) You doooon't? Well how bout filling one out? If nothing else you'll have a little more time to spend here with me..."

me: I don't think so, thanks though

her: "okay... your total is blah blah (gives me change, etc) ... I'm gonna put your receipt in 'naked', ooh... I hope you're trying to tell me something buying this"

me: *laughs, smiles* hey what are you doing later? why don't I get your number and we can meet up?

her: "sounds great!!" *giggles, smiles, scribbles number on paper, gives it to me*

me: great, thanks

I then proceed to spit out the gum I was chewing into the paper she just gave me, crumple it up, and hand it back to her, and say "now how about throwing that out for me?"

her: (stands there staring at me like i just punched a baby)

me: I'm pretty sure it's what jesus would do. (i then toss it towards her, she fumbles around and catches it, i walk out)

i am the harsher of mellows