View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: How Long Will Iran Hold the British Sailors?

[ QUOTE ]
I must say, I'm having some trouble understanding the apparent desire of some posters on this board to lean towards believing the Iranians and disbelieving the British on this issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody should have thought about that before serving a lot of lies prior to the Iraq-war. The loss of credibility leads to people coming to such conclusions. If somebody repeatedly lies to you, do you still assume they speak the truth? Why do you think Iran can win the propaganda war over this now? The world can not be run only via weapons, good relations to all sorts of groups are necessary. Look where we are, 2 countries fighting islamic terrorists at home (Russia & China) choose to support a country which finances islamic terrorism. The Iranians are better at this game than US/Britain, they seem to have better psychologists, better cultural experts etc. in place, if the War on Terror is ever going to be won it is time to focus on this part of the battle, and in the US you lack skill in that field, so you need to start to cooperate with someone that has.

I think the Brits are right, but they have themselves created a climate where many won't believe them.