View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: First hand at the Final Table - Clash of the Big Stacks

IMO, given the stack sizes of you and villain relative to remaining players, there is an argument for a pre-flop fold. Having said that, I would call pre-flop for the obv set value. Against this player, I check the flop. For the reason that I do not want to make a decision for all my chips with 10/10. THe texture of the flop is very good for your hand and a brick turn would improve your holdings and reduce the likelihood that you see major action on 4th. If you do, you can decide where you are then.

Further, if you are up against AK/KQ (not suited diamonds), you are way ahead, and against AKd with brick turns and rivers you can get full value here.

FWIW, I play QQ/KK/AA exactly the way you see the villain's action. I might also play AKd this way. I may just call with a set. All depends on my read on you.

I believe you are facing a very strong hand here. At minimum, a flush draw with over cards has you 51.3/48.7. You are a 10/90 dog to every likely holding. The only hand you are heavy favorite to is an underpair. I very rarely see a good player, with a major chip advantage at a full final table, risk all his chips against the other large stack unless he has the goods.

I would fold to his allin.