View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 04:04 AM

Default Re: First hand at the Final Table - Clash of the Big Stacks

I'm probably not good enough to fold any over pair here. I probably call in real life, but this board is about 20/20 hindsight.

My initial reaction was to call; but after thinking through the villians' line- that if he had TPTK or an overpair, with the flush draw on board, and a large stack, and him messing with the other big stack, he's got to have a 9 or at least one 2.

He could be stealing on the first hand of the FT; it's folded around to him, people usually play tight right away at the FT until they see who's who and what's what. He might have A2s or even 23o if he's on a steal, since it's easier to lay down a steal with fecal matter. Maybe he wants to be seen as the aggressor at the FT. Maybe that's why he's all in here- he's saying don't F with me everyone or I'll put you all in and make you make a decision for all your chips- but I doubt that he'd do that with the other big stack.

But if he had a big pair or a set, and he hit the flop which contains two flush cards, he's going to want to take down the pot now instead of letting another flush card come. He might also want to take the pot down now with Ad Kd - he's putting you on an overpair or smaller ace and doesn't want to have to hit his flush or his overcards.