View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: ******** November Omaha Low Content Thread ********

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
random question, but:
is there anywhere that I can find a semi-official list of people that are considered to be the best PLO players in the world, both live/online?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a list but Farha is respected by all to be the best high stakes shorthanded PLO player in the world. I know that Antonius, Ivey, Hansen, Benyamine (who all happen to play a lot of online) are definitely up there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be totally groundless, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the great majority of of "the best omaha players" are going to be the high stakes online regs, esp. in the 25-50 games. In the nosebleeds I think alot of the players got there from a hold'em background and brought their bankrolls, rather then having made their way by playing hundreds of thousands of hands of PLO.

The purely live players, like Farha, may have a great understanding of the tempo of the game and be willing to gamble and make big plays, but the fact that they won't have played a tenth or even a hundredth of the lifetime hands of a serious online player is a huge disadvantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft. another thing about Farha is that he is known as this Omaha legend, but there doesn't seem to be much evidence for anything but 1) other high stakes players consider Omaha to be his best game, and 2) they consider him very difficult to play short-handed because he is so aggressive. neither of these equate to him being the best, or even one of the best. and frankly, from what I've seen of his play on HSP or elsewhere, I think he exhibits a fundamental lack of poker reasoning, and I would expect him to get torn up by smart adaptable players who weren't spooked by the stakes he would demand they play.