Thread: Modem problems?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Modem problems?

For the last couple days my internet has been bizarre. Firefox (and other web browsers) will stop working (it says something like "connection was reset") for sometimes up to 5-10 mins... usually it's just pretty quick and works in a minute or next time you refresh the page.

The weird thing is though, I don't lose connection from AIM. If I sign off I can't reconnect, but I don't get disconnected, and can talk to people while my web browser won't reload.

I also can't open a poker site when it flakes out... but I'm yet to try whether or not I maintain connection if it's already running (like AIM). I have a site open to test for next time it flakes on me.

So my question is A.) does anyone know what the hell is going on? Modem dying? and B.) Do you suspect the poker programs will stay running the same way AIM does?

I didn't mind a day or two off... but it's getting to the point where I just want to be able to play again. I'll call the cable company soon, but they generally pride themselves on being as unhelpful as possible, and will just schedule a house visit for next week sometime. You guys might be better help.

Any help is appreciated.