View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Brandi: Why does she bother?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think in all honesty Brandi has no core stsbility in life. She seeks validation from other people. I don't think she'll ever marry and stay with that one person for a lifetime (not that most people do). She also appears to be a pathological liar.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really ridiculous. It's possible she doesn't have much stability. How would I know. Do you know? Maybe she's had a rough childhood and has had to figure out how to survive all on her own with little help. But none of us knows what the future will bring. I hate when people make sweeping statements about someone they don't know. How you can say she'll never marry or stay with that one person for a lifetime is mean. Maybe you didn't intend it to sound mean but I think it was way too harsh. And I don't see her as a pathological liar. Now maybe you have information that I don't have, but from what I read in the Brandi threads I just don't see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe "too harsh" is an apt description of everything concerning brandi.

It was so frustrating when the brandi drama hit full throttle because the majority of posters didn't seem to grasp that you could condemn her actions against newhizzle while still saying it was a far cry from 'sociopathic' and especially 'evil'.

If they were simply playing fast and loose with the hyperbole then that is also absurd because you can't have a serious discussion with such rampant hyperbole abound.

And if serious, maybe i'm just jealous, because to use the adjective 'evil' to describe it, especially when a large fraction if not the majority was based on anecdotal hearsay, indicates having lived a somewhat charmed life with no exposure to severely mentally ill/evil people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evil is often described in terms of quantity, as if some mysterious, infinitely arguable trigger point of accumulation had to be reached before one could call something what it was. I don't really like that way of thinking or believe it works. I think it's more a matter of the quality of what one does. The guiding impulse is what matters. I'm not saying anything about Brandi, but just noting that the utility of popular notions of evil often leaves a lot to be desired, and people may well be arguing whether she's evil or not from very different notions of what evil is.