View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Lloyd Carr Retiring

[ QUOTE ]
Say what you want about Les Miles, but nobody else in the Big 10 should be happy about Michigan having an incredibly aggressive, modern coach. Sure he makes some blunders, but he does not error on the side of passivity like Lloyd does, which is very preferable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I am pretty sure OSU and everyone else in the Big Ten would be pretty unhappy if Miles came. Regardless of what you think of Miles, he is clearly not an awful coach, and Lloyd has been pretty bad. Michigan has gotten by on superior talent for the most part.

Also, thanks DVaut for stealing my thunder! I am at work, saw this on mgoblog, freaked out, told all my roomies, and then came here to post, only to find there were already a dozen responses! I am never the first to know...

However, also heard a lot of rumors that Miles is on bad terms with UM AD and football team due to things he said regarding Lloyd's failing health to potential recruits, etc. which Michigan viewed as a breach of trust and a slap in the face for a program that has done a lot for Miles. Problem is, outside of Miles, I cannot think of any good candidates. Please no Mike DeBord

One of the reasons I have never minded Carr TOO MUCH is that you always knew what you were getting with him. Not a great, dynamic coach, but someone who kept the program on steady ground, always had good (but not great) seasons, and had unflinching loyalty to the program. You never needed to worry about him tanking the football team or bolting a la Saban for another school. Miles may be more erratic, but at least he has that loyalty

I think Michigan history will look very favorably upon Carr's tenure.