View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Bodog Security Problems--Possible cause?

Well, my current situation with Bodog has motivated me to start my own account here at 2+2 after many months of merely browsing.

Here is my situation, my Bodog poker account is not suspended. I have not being accused by them of any fraudlent activity. I am free to play anywhere, expect my own computer!

Today, when I logged in I get a message that my current account status does not allow me access to the poker room. Now, I have gotten this same message twice ten days ago. Both times I called customer service and my poker room access was restored within ten minutes.

When this happened the second time on Feb 13th, I asked the rep why this was happening. She replied, that there was some sort of red flag with my account but I was ok. The message had not reappeared until today.

I havent played a hand at the poker room since they stopped their reload bonus. My last hand played there was probably Jan 18th or 19th. However, I check all my accounts at least twice daily just on the off chance that something might be wrong.

So why is my account blocked from my own computer you ask? Well, according to Bodog at least 5 or 6 people have accessed their accounts from my computer and some of them have been linked to fraudlent activity. All of them in there 20's according to Bodog.

This might be plausible if I was a college student who lived in some community type housing. However, I am 34, married with a wife who doesnt play poker and a 21 month-old son. Hopefully, he will become a winning player years down the road like his old man. Anyhow, I live in a single family home and I know that no one has ever played poker at my computer other than me.

My computer history is quite simple. I bought it brand new in May 2006, a Gateway GT5056. It has never left my house since. In early Jan of this year, I added a router to my set up for enhanced security. I dont have another computer so the wireless ability has been disabled.

My IP is dynamic, charter communications will only allow business accounts to have a static IP. Basically, I am at a complete loss on how Bodog could have in there records that other people have played from my computer. It is impossible.

I can access my account at bodog.com. I have made a WU withdrawal that is already been approved. I have control over my remaining funds. I am at the point where I had plan to keep some funds at Bodog since reloading there is currently a pain. However, I will withdraw it all if my access is still blocked at the poker room.

I am currently awaiting the head security honcho, Carson to come to his office for a couple of hours today before he goes off to vacation until March 10th. Supposedly, he would be the only one who has the tech knowledge or the ability to unlock my account.

Any tech wizards have any theories on why this is happening?

Thanks