View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

Great [censored] analogy, comparing a gf breaking up with a boy she doesnt love with adults who knew a THIRTEEN year old girl was suicidal/depressed and messed with here because she unfriended their daughter. Do you think me having drunk sex with my gf is akin to me having drunk sex with a 14 year old?

And for everyone talking about civil court etc. wtf do you know. Are you a lawyer? I took two intro level law classes at school and even from that little amount I know there is a least a decent chance of proving some type of causal liability. I distinctly remember a chain of reactions case study we did.

A doctor stopped by the side of road to help out an accident victim. He did some relatively minor thing to help her broken arm, apparently didnt set it right and grew back slightly twisted and he was liable. Some guy misused a nail gun when he was drunk got a settlement. Some chick split coffee on herself and McD made a settlement. Those all happened.

I agree there is no way the "evil" parents could face criminal charges, but they could at least try to show they were liable. Knew the childs history, manipulated others to help perpetuate the account, etc.

Man I cannot believe stuff like this happens. Unreal. The guy lost his wife, his job, he is too old to start over. I cant read this thread anymore.