View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Jimbo Jimbo is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Earth but relocating
Posts: 4,376
Default Re: Getting Married for Tax Breaks

Since we live in the same residence and I make sufficient money, I claim my gf as a dependent on tax returns. This exempts me from dependent status, so I get financial aid plus interest free student loans through this year, but made too much to qualify for aid next year (obv hidden brag) [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

This might be an easier solution than marriage.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might not want to make that information public since legally you cannot claim her as a dependent. That is unles your GF is also related to you. Are you from Arkansas? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Reply With Quote