View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Stars 60: 2nd hand, go broke here?

Sober I have to disagree with you that reraising the river is smart here. I don't know how often we are ahead there or how often we are losing, but I do know that we're certainly ahead often enough that we're calling every time. However, many many times I've come back from 200 or less chips and cashed - I think the risk here FAR outweighs the reward of reraising the river. If we just call and win then we have almost a double stack at the first level - if we reraise and win we have a bit more than a double stack. If we just call and lose we have over 10 bbs left. If we reraise and lose we're dead.

Regarding the earlier streets - preflop is fine. The flop I think is a very tricky spot. Without the ace out there I'd be very very inclined to go broke with a flush draw + gutshot, but you're probably not getting an ace to fold here so I think it's a very tough decision regarding whether to call the big raise or not. I think in this situation you should fold - yes we have a big draw but our flush is obvious if it hits and may not get paid, and we will usually have to call another larger bet on the turn if we want to see 5 cards (we got lucky that villain bet the turn so weakly and let us get there).