View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: brand new to this forum, looking for help

I'd recommend using a hand converter from flopturnriver, weaktight, or legopoker on any and all posts (trust me, you'll get more responses. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hand 1: Raise more preflop. The standard is usually between 3 and 4BB+1 per limper. (so here, I'd make it .08 or maybe even .10).

I'd probably fold to the flop bet, but I have no idea what the play is like at 2NL. Villain could be here with K2, for all I know. lol

hand 2: I think AQs is good enough to raise UTG but I can't find too much fault in limping. As played, I think calling river isn't terrible, but you'll see a king here pretty often. BTW, raising preflop and betting flop will take the pot down a lot of the time, I think.

Hand 3: Yes, folding Q8o is good.

Hand 4: It's tough to say without knowing the stack sizes. PLEASE INCLUDE THEM, (all of the hand converters I mentioned will do this). Off hand, I'd say that this big preflop raise is a high pair and you're only beating 99 here. Fold flop unless you think he'd stab at it with AK or something. If he fires again, fold turn.

Overall, use a hand converter than includes position and stack sizes as more people will respond and the answers will be much better (since we'll have more info to go on) Also, posting hands where you fold preflop may be met with jokes. (Just being straight with you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) The stickies in both this forum and the beginner forum have lots of info to soak up and I'm recommend reading them multiple times (I know I did when I first started posting here). You've got the right idea about hand-posting, but please post one at a time, using a converter (unless it's like...2 or 3 hands that have a running theme). Take a look at some other posts to get idea of the layout. Including villain's stats (if you have poker tracker) and any thoughts you had during the hand can help people make suggestions and help you get more out of the advice given. Good luck and welcome to the forum!