View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: How do you rationalize this?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are more ways to win than by making the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct.

Against any reasonable opponent, playing your hands purely based on pot equity and showdown value would be grossly -EV. Unless you're playing against uberdonks, you're going to have to scrape out equity from your low-medium pps and scs when you miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing small pairs on the assumption that you will be able to "scrape out" equity with them is -EV for most players, who, if they took your advice, would be calling far too loosely with them, and losing more money trying to make up for it by working them too hard in the wrong spots. There's a ton of difference between saying "play small pairs only if you have the right pot odds" and "play small pairs only if the implied odds you are counting on are reasonable".

[/ QUOTE ]

lol wtf [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Sir, you are making alot of assumptions.

All I'm saying that is you can't always play fit-or-fold with these hands.

I never said you have to overplay your hands when you miss in order to maximize their value.

[ QUOTE ]
Playing small pairs on the assumption that you will be able to "scrape out" equity with them is -EV for most players, who, if they took your advice, would be calling far too loosely with them, and losing more money trying to make up for it by working them too hard in the wrong spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

So my original statement leads you directly into this conclusion? Where did I say you have to call loosely with them? Where did I say you have to "work them hard?" Are you seeing things?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]