View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: 50nl 6max: 66 in 3bet pot

straight off the bat. He is pretty tight and quite aggressive.

he plays 22% of hands which is fairly tight

he raises 13% (lets assume the top 13% of those)

his PF 3 bet range would be <4% of hands i imagine and im sure some people would put it much smaller than that.

A standard 3 betting range PF i think includes AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AKs, AKo. This is equal to 3% of hands. I tend to think that the 3 bet range is pretty damn small- so maybe even no AKo. But we can't say for sure so lets leave it in.

On the flop, we are a 37 - 63 dog.

Board: 5c 5s 8c
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 63.203% 63.08% 00.12% 149883 288.00 { JJ+, AKs, AKo }
Hand 1: 36.797% 36.68% 00.12% 87141 288.00 { 66 }

To be honest i think the FLOP might be a fold. (A case of reverse implied odds ?! ) Even though you may be getting about the right price to call the flop, You have a weak hand which is very unlilkely to improve.

When the turn comes J, Q, K, A how comfortable are you when BB goes all in? What if he bets half the pot ? Can you even call that, knowing a river is another chance for your sixes to get outdrawn?

The turn is a lucky card for you since it is A) an undercard unlikely to help villain, & B) gives you 4 extra outs for a straight with a 7.

Unfortunately, i think you are literally drawing to the last 2 sixes or a 7 to save you here. SO even though you actually improve your equity to 42% DOG, it should be a fold on the flop and as played, on the turn.

If you call, you are basically bluff catching against AK.

This would then become some kindof complex (for me)math based on your reads and weighting AK within his range, to see if AK is such a large part of his PF 3 bet range that this play is profitable.

cliffnotes:
fold flop, as played fold Turn