View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 09:05 AM

Default went to showdown and variance

A few questions concerning a) went to showdown and b) variance in unlimited Holdem.

A) Playing FL I learned that WTS, AF and VPIP influence each other. Concerning WTS, there is a range in that can be considered ideal in 6-max midlimit FL games. For instance a typical winning TAG will be between 35 and 39 and a LAG will be probably between 38 and 44 (there are exceptions of course).

So what would these ranges be in NL for someone playing winning 25/15/2 for instance? And how much lower would the WTS of someone playing 25/15/3 be? When will I consider someone weak and when stationish and adjust accordingly?

Concerning winning LAGs my impression is that - different to FL - their WTS in NL is not significantly higher than the TAG's. True?

Given this impression, while table- and seatselecting i find myself more and more looking for the WTS of the opponents in the first place. When I find someone significantly over 30 I will sit down to his left and try to take him to Valuetown. Good attempt?

B) After 25k hands of unlimited holdem (wide range of stakes) i am confident that i beat the game as long as i table- and seatselect carefully. How many hands (in one limit) will it take before i can be sure i'm a winning player? I learned that the variance in NL is lower than in FL because of the reduced number of bad beats we receive. How much lower ist it?