View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: 45 lbs of fat loss and counting - progress report

I've broken my workout into 4 days, giving me 3 or more days for each muscle group to recover.

Day 1: back and biceps
Day 2: chest and triceps
Day 3: shoulders
Day 4: legs

I'm hitting abs every day, and getting in moderate-level cardio for 30+ minutes (usually in the form of racquetball). I make sure to hit each muscle with a variety of workouts, to hit all parts of it. I tend to favor cable machines over straight track ones or freeweights.

4 sets per muscle, and I generally do drop sets - start with a weight that I can do 12-13 reps on, add weight with each set til I can only do 3-4 (at least that's what I was told a drop set was).

Once a week I hit the sauna for about 15 minutes and do pushups, jumping jacks, etc. to keep my heartrate up.

As far as diet, etc. I stay low on fats, drink a crapload of water and nothing else (unless I'm getting drunk, which is generally once/week). I try to get >100g protein/day, with at least half of that coming directly after my workout. I usually start the day with something carb-heavy, like pasta. I also eat small meals throughout the day, usually bananas and meal-replacement shakes.

I've been on this schedule for about 3 weeks, and I feel really good. I'm never too sore, and I'm seeing good increases in strength.

Ok, lay into me some more, guys.