View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: When you lose at poker do you get angry or depressed?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I get depressed. Really really depressed.

Plz pat my head and tell me everything will be ok BBV [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play for a living/as a part time job or just for fun?

It's takes a looooong time to get past that angry and depressed phase and the reason is this: Nobody wants to give up the other end of the spectrum, the happy fun yay the world is smiling feeling.

You have to give up both and that's not easy. Many players use the high points as motivating factors or even as the sole purpose for playing but this is setting yourself up for the disaster.

Personally, I just consider myself blessed everyday that i'm able to sit in pajamas in a propped up lazy boy ([censored] desks, i'll post pictures of my setup one of these days) and make a very good (by the average american standard) living doing something I enjoy. I had my biggest +day ever about a month and a half ago and didn't even realize it til a few days later.

Poker is the calm of zen, not the rush of gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]
most helpful bbv4l post ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz i was thinking the same thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they didn't give me the <font color="green"><font size=6>GREEN POWER</font> </font> for nothing, though truthfully the following is probably at least one of my top 5 most helpful posts:

lozl i r a link klik me