View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Current Quarterback Controversies

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh good one. Depends on how Quinn looks in practice. When/if he's ready, might as well throw him to the wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think as long as the Browns still have a fighting chance at making the playoffs this year, they keep Quinn on the bench. They've been able to put up points with Anderson as QB, so I don't see a reason to change that until they have no chance at the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with this. You also have to count in how many quarterbacks have been ruined in Cleveland the fear of that also happening to Quinn. Examples, Couch and Frye. These guys have both developed what I like to call the "Sack Fear" largely in part to our lack of an O-line for the last 7 years. I was at the first game vs. Pittsburgh and it was disgusting watching Frye. Winslow and Edwards were running around with no coverage and Frye was so [censored] scared of the impending sack he couldn't even see them (which is why I completely supported the trade.) Romeo said it very well when asked why he didn't put Quinn in that game, "why would I want to throw him to the dogs?" If the Browns season totally bombs and opponents are starting to rest their better players against us you will probably see Quinn, but at this time I don't see Romeo throwing him in to a high pressure situation where his rookie mistakes could have an extreme negative impact on our season.