View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Weird situation at Caesars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So basically the rule is cheat all you want as long as no players see you? If the dealer sees it they'll just look the other way? I can't decide if I want to go to these rooms with 8 friends and just try to shaft that one other player or avoid them like the plague.

I can't even imagine the randomized mayhem that would ensue at most 1/2 games I've seen where half the players have no clue, and the other half have a clue but are wrong on 90% of what they deem the "rules".

[/ QUOTE ]

I edited my last post while you were typing. And no cheating occurred in the OP. There is no reason to believe the player was going to try to keep the chips he put in his pocket if the other player raised. For that matter maybe the other player was covered and all he could do would was call or fold. This would be a perfect example of a spot where the dealer really needs to STFU. I am playing my last hand. I bet enough to put the other player all in if he calls and I start picking up my chips because I am leaving. Do you really think the dealer should tell me I'm not allowed to pick up my stuff until the other player decided what he wants to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

What if the ratholer doesn't have the guy covered by chips on the table, but had extra chips in his pockets that would cover it and this was all 1 big angle to get those chips on the table? What would the recourse then be?