View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 04:43 AM

Default Re: youre out of your element zee...

Zydrunas Illgauskas had made 73M in his life before this season started. He'll clear 100M in lifetime earnings before he turns 32. It would take Ben Crane 33 years to make 100M at that rate, so unless he's been playing since conception I don't think there's much of a contest there. He won't make 20 times what Illgauskas makes unless he cures cancer in his free time.

Basically, people who pick golf are absolutely failing at this question. What they really want is to be lottery winners. Being admired by rich white males with poor taste in entertainment doesn't really do it for me, you know?

I would want to be a position player in baseball(pitchers ruin their arms) or a swingman in basketball(big men ruin their knees). I don't really care about ingame pain, but I don't want to be a cripple for the last 40 years of my life.

Just as a data point, the Cleveland Indians have a centerfielder named Grady Sizemore. He's a good but not great player(reasonable All Star candidate, but not like MVP discussion). He's also 23 and single. The Indians team store sells pink shirts with "Mrs. Sizemore" emblazoned on them. Do you think there are a great many young women sporting "Mrs. Crane" T-shirts?