View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 03:27 PM

Default small stakes-facing blind bets from button and SB, when I\'m UTG

Two loose players raise blind to $5 in a .25/.50 home game. The rest of the table is fairly tight, but not good TAG. The standard open bet all night long was about $2.00-$2.50. So a $5 blind bet by the SB and button was a bit on the large side.

I am utg with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I'm thinking about raising to isolate the blind players, but I'm pretty sure a call will scare out other players as well. What's your move here? Do you ever fold with players left to act behind and a huge bet to go?

---------
I call and the flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the SB bets $3 after checking his cards. The SB usually bets anything from Ace high to a weak pair like this, but a J and 2 are possible, as is the flush draw.

What do you do on the flop. I'm next to act and button still hasn't looked at his hole cards, but probably will now. My stack size started around $25 as did the SB's (about $30).

How do you play this?