View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Who knows stuff about Kegerators?

Yaboosh,

Given a lot of the info in your post, its obvious that to you - and probably lots of brewers - "skunky" does indeed indicate a specific off flavor. To the other 200 million beer drinkers in the US, it means "gross." So you're right, but really missing the forest for the trees, particularly since I was trying to help out someone who didn't have a ton of understanding on the subject.

Badger,

I used the company OP linked to, beveragefactory, and since that first order was quick and reliable, had good CS, and nowhere else was significantly cheaper, I never used anyone else. As you can see from their site, if you just get a standard door mount with drip tray and simple regulator, it'll run $120 or so, and a tower a bit more than that. In the end, though, the important thing is that even the most expensive options will only run you half of what it costs to buy one that's pre-fabbed.

JPinAZ,

The southeast, where I live, is light years behind CA and the rest of the west coast when it comes to beer. I know I could pick up a 5g keg with a D coupler from one Nashville brewery, but I've never even seen them elsewhere. A year or two ago I actually spent a whole day on the phone trying to get a hold of some distributor who would send me kegs of Stone. No dice. I'd kill for a place like bevmo, and I'd settle for being able to buy a six pack and a bottle of wine in the same store.