View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Would you ever fold this (razz)?

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming these stack sizes, there's no way you get away from this hand, so I voted "all in baby"...

In the Full Tilt strategy guide, Huck Seed seems to indicate that he might fold a 3-card wheel hand on 3rd street in a tourney situation (although I assume that if the stacks were similar size to this example, he'd probably be comfortable playing the hand).

The analogy to folding Aces preflop isn't really that applicable. Aces are at least a 77-23 favorite over any other single hand but Aces, and you don't even particularly mind playing against the other two Aces because about 98% of the time you split the pot. In this hand, Hero would usually be very lucky to have even 40% equity in a 3-way pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly why I posted this HH since I just read the FTP donkament guide's razz chapter where Huck says that. He has a pretty good point (even if it is pretty nitty) that you want to keep your variance down IF you're at a table where the other players are normally playing tight and letting you steal the antes a lot. If everyone is gambooling it up, I don't see him folding it and neither would I. I agree with him that certain spots in a tourney I'd CONSIDER laying it down, even with at least 40% equity in this 3-way pot (if the villains aren't crazy LAGs, which they weren't) but it would have to be approaching the bubble or FT bubble or something since I have them covered by a lot.

Cash game = all in baby!