Thread: hey
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: hey

The flop play is obviously debateable and Nina is right. SB should have c/r'd. And yes I know we're giving up initiative.

In fact, I think you can make a case for check / raising the turn after 3 betting the flop because the Q is really the only card we don't want to see if HJ checks behind and HJ might bet a weaker hand on the turn and we have a big chance to push BB off what appears to be a weak or marginal hand. If he has a K so be it. Of course when HJ bets the odds he has a K increase, so this play is very controversial. However, so is betting the turn after a flop 3 bet. And the line you guys want to take is nitty.

Had we c/r'd the flop, check calling the turn is fairly obvious especially if BB is out.

The river I'll have to think about and really depends on our prior action which I think should include a check / raise somewhere.

My prediction is most others on this board likes calling the flop raise, check / calling the turn, and debating about a river laydown that could be the best hand.

I think sb's play is better than your nitty line.

Now flame me.