View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Marrying a Girl From a Different Culture

From the "hell no, I'd never marry one" or even have one as a long-term girlfriend response of Asian guys toward having white girlfriends, I'd guess that, despite exceptions, Asian ladies, at least when paired with Asian men, are really good to their husbands and boyfriends. It's borne out with almost all of the guys I see, and I've spent lots of time around Asians(by which I mean, Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, and Vietnamese, in my case).

I think a big part of what your friend experiences, too, is because he's white. There's a Japanese saying that goes, "A man away from his country has no neighbors." It goes a long way toward explaining the sadistic rampaging of the Japanese in many places they conquered during WW2. They can act out on the repression they feel from the expectations of a very heirarchical society and tightly socially controlled society, and there's no one to catch them at it or stop them.

The wife you're talking about, I'd bet, would very likely have completely different standards for her behavior if she was with another Korean guy, who would echo the culture and expectations she's used to. With someone from outside the culture, all rules might be off.

This can mess up white guys who want Asian wives, too, from what I hear. Put the Asian ladies in America, with an American, or both, and you're playing a totally different game.