View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 12:19 AM

Default Re: Questions about the Orleans Poker Room/Follow up Question

Not sure what kinda budget you're on, but Sahara is NOT going to impress the little woman. That's a place college students go to (or me, 'cause I'm cheap and single and all I need is a bed and about 30 minutes of TV at the end of the day to suck the brainwaves out before sleep).

Monte Carlo is the clear winner for a trip with your wife. Nugget is a nice enough hotel, but there is NOTHING else downtown to please your wife. MC has a small poker room that's ok (nothing bigger than NL1/2 and 4/8, and often just NL1/2 and 2/4). But you've got easy access to MGM for slightly bigger games. There's nothing to the immediate north except construction, and that could be a downside--folks report sometimes the noise from City Center going up is unpleasant in the guest rooms.

Harrah's, Flamingo, and Bally's tend to be middle-classish, and have a nicer central location, and shouldn't disappoint the chick in your life. Check those out. I'd pick 'em in preference to MC, not because they are nicer (I think MC may be a tad nicer, actually) but they will be quieter and much better located.