View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: I DESERVE RESPECT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, many of the ideas I have posted here have been completely ridiculed (even though in hind-sight they would have generated great returns -- I do understand it could be a short-term fluke, I hope to prove that part wrong), so part of the reason for this thread was purely for revenge in my own sort of way. I could have just easily gloaked in silence, but the other night I thought this was a great idea for a thread. Now, I don't regret creating it as it definitely has generated some useful discussion, but it is definitely not something i'd consider typical of myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is shoe, successful long-term investors leave their ego out of the market and their decisions. If people think you're an arse - just ignore them.

You don't see Buffet w@anking off to his ROR do you?

trading without ego
[ QUOTE ]
You hear about it. You read about it. Don't be misled. Traders tell stories. They write stories. They tell how great they are. Big trades. Big numbers. Big egos. Hubris. And sooner or later, big downfalls. It goes with the territory.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and after this post I am done responding to any negativivity. The only thing that will speak for myself after this thread will be my results.

Also, I'm sure if Buffet had started on 2+2 (which he didn't because the internet wasn't even invented yet) and was ridiculed constantly, he would have made a few gloat posts as well.