View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Re: I DESERVE RESPECT

[ QUOTE ]
Sho,

Why are you so concerned with publicity for results? You don't realize that at this point its all about the decision-making process? i.e. I'm sure you'd agree that you are at 1/169th of development compared to Barron, and yet I don't recall ever reading about any sort of results in his posts.

If you think you are at the level where your results are significant AND want publicity, just make a blog which you update every single day with P&L for the day, transactions, and ideas for the future. If the results are good, you may even get some real money thrown at you, but at the very least tons of attention from 2+2.

And finally, how old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

to be fair i gave a general update awhile ago w/ a list of the losers and their relative size and a list of the winners and their relative size.

briefly, the US interest rate moves lost me a ton directionally but made me a lot (less than a ton though ) in the steepener (long 2yr/short 10yr)

currencies made alot, especially the yen at 123.18.

CDS bets on goldman/lehman that were trading at junk levels came back and made a ton

gold lost me a lot, though i woulda exited at 680 or so to re-evaluate so not a massive loss (i said short at 654 due to reduction of liquidity issues. i made a huge mistake here and this is one bet i'm glad i had in my head since i learned a lot from it).

anyways, thanks for your thoughts but another reason i haven't posted full results is that i can't get them a lot of the time lol (i.e. i don't have full access to data streams to calculate historical sharpe ratios of a portfolio of my bets...or even returns..)

if i'd have to guess though i'd bet i'm up a little bit, maybe 7-8% or so overall on a vol of probably 20-25% so maybe around a .30 information ratio. not sure though as the yen bet was by far the strongest signal and woulda taken up a big amount of risk in the alpha portfolio so maybe more returns, followed by the CDS bets on a reduction of insurance cost of debt of GS & LB...

that ratio (.35 or so) was what i had at my old job trading global markets w/ my bonus so i may have just used that as a guesstimate of what i'd have made w/ these bets.

i do have to say though i'm at least glad shoe is making a log of his bets. it helps to keep winners and losers in mind to make sure you aren't biasing yourself (though that is wiped away w/ a ton of ego lol)

Barron

EDIT: i obv agree w/ the point of your post: the process of making the decision and managing a portoflio of your decisions is the whole idea.