View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Scotty Nguyen says High Stakes Poker is fake? (x-post from t.v.)

So, I'm playing a cash game after busting out of one of the Scotty Nguyen Classic tournaments in Tulsa. I made a Hellmuthian type call, but alas was sucked out on ... but that's for a different forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, one of the players starts saying how she had a lengthy conversation with Scotty Nguyen and that he [Scotty] informed her that HSP is fake. All money won/lost is left behind. So, basically, it's a 0 risk game.

Now, I've seen every episode and if it's fake, then the players deserve Oscars. I mean, Negreanu (last season) and Harman (this season) very obviously going on tilt, Doyle laying down a T-high flush to Gold (why do that if it's fake), Ivey folding KK to that Booth bluff, et. all?

I had heard they received appearance fees (not even sure if that's true), but to say it's fake, I'm not sure I can believe...unless they have some sort of behind-the-scene player agreement.

She went on to say that he said PAD was legit, but that's not real news.

Anybody else heard this?

Disclaimer: The woman who told me this is pretty respected in that poker room, but I don't really know her from Moses, so no personal experience with her credibility.