View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
An attorney would be useless here. Full Tilt is not located in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sad but QFT. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

How am I wrong?

Of the countless disputes between players and online poker sites, how many have ever resulted in attorneys recovering the seized money? The answer to that would be ZERO.

I don't know what jurisdiction Full Tilt exists in, but my guess is that it would be extremely difficult -- if not impossible -- to successfully take them to court and win a judgment against them.

Remember, they are in control of all the evidence. Even if Sillysal successfully gets them dragged into some foreign courtroom, they just need to pull out some convincing, official-looking evidence of botting and she's done for. Most poker sites exist in very online gambling friendly environments. The hurdles one would have to jump in order to get a successful civil judgment against Full Tilt would be insurmountable -- especially when you're just a single individual accused of a form of cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

The simple answer is to sue in an american jurisdiction in which poker is legal. Full Tilt defends, or gets defaulted. If they get defaulted (a choice they may make) you seize assets they have in America. They have assets in America, certainly 47 K.

The real problem here is the probable guilt of the accused. If someone demonstrates to me that different humans could have those pretty much identical across the board stats, I am open to being convinced. Its not like we are just talking about VPIP and preflop raise %s.

I don't think its proof positive, but I'd bet that those type of identical stats are going to show that identical hands were played identically, both pre and post flop.