View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: 10/20 hand, should I jsut buy a skirt?

[ QUOTE ]
10 handed 10/20 game, full stacks for everyone involved. I raise K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG, and to my surprise I get 5 cold callers. The players who cold called are a combination of tags and taggy fish. So 6 handed to the flop.

450 dollar pot on flop. Flop comes 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I have no clue what to do, so I check. 2 other guys check, then a tag bets 400 dollars, the 2 guys behind him fold. The 2 players behind me if I call are somewhat taggish. what do I do now?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are so many problems with just calling here, no?
1) If one of the players behind us pushes the flop.
2) We will get put AI on a blank Turn.
3) Our action probably gets killed if we hit on the Turn as our hand is pretty obvious.
4) One of the tow players could have AXs and we want to get them to fold. We call & they get pretty good odds to draw.

So I think if we are gonna continue we gotta push. I wouldn't be too worried about the guys behind as if they did have sets they probably would have bet once the PFR (checks) for fear it gets checked through.

With the way people on 2+2 are so hyper aggressive with draws, I am kinda surprised eveyone isn't screaming push in this spot.

So I think Push > Fold > Call.