View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: It\'s time for the R Word...

Kurt, I realize I had misread your post when I PM'd you earlier... yeah, a room like that would be workable. I'm also considering warehouse loft type of spaces, or just a low-rent storefront. Whatever, that's down the road. For right now I love where we are now, and if I could find a similar place, that would serve mid-term future needs.

I agree that taking $5 at the end is a bit awkward. As to cashing for $199, I was thinking that anything from $199.25 to $200 cashes for $195. But whatever, that's too prone to argument, as that's when the money is getting put in the person's hand. I don't like the idea of charging off of every rebuy, because why make the losing players feel worse? So we'll just go with the $5 off the initial buyin and be done with it. I think people easily drink enough whiskey for that price anyway.

But with the tourneys, 10% off the top is a bit more reasonable, as people are expecting either a big payday or nothing.

Again, I really appreciate all the feedback on this, even if I haven't addressed you directly. I'm in talks with my boss on how to best reduce my hours at work, and I'm making my bankroll liquid in order to take shots at higher games live. This is all part of a lifestyle adjustment attempt. If it works, great, living the dream. If not, oh well, no harm no foul. Worst case scenario, I make some new friends in jail.