View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Busto/Robusto Challenges

I've tried a couple of these lately because when I get home from work I'm just too tired to grind 3 tables. So three times now I've decided it would be fun to busto/robusto from $50.

I don't really set a goal each time, though I should. My first try I sat at a $100 table and got about 2/3 of my stack in preflop HU and lost. The second time I got up to about $450 before losing with top set to an open-ended straight draw with two backdoor flush draws (on a 3/6 table, I was considering moving up to 5/10 with $400 but the table was playing very loose and I thought I could easily get in with a good edge, which I did).

The third time I got up to about $310 before losing with top-two + OESD +lower FD against an over-pair plus a flush draw.

None of these challenges last much more than an hour. Anyone tried this? Any thoughts on this? I have read about NLHE busto/robusto challenges that last a long time but dno't really have better results than myself. How many all-ins should one really expect to win before going busto? What do you all think would be a good stopping point to start over and try again?

I just realized this basically an advertisement to shortstack, but oh well.