View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

FTP fails again, assuming sillysal is being straight with us. If FTP has really seized her money, and has not told her ANYTHING about the reason why, then this is simply unacceptable and I'll never understand how people can see it any other way.

If a player really has done something wrong, then telling them what they were "found guilty" of can do no harm that I can think of. For example, if FT thought someone was botting, and they actually were, what harm could there possibly be if FT were to say "we are closing your account and seizing your money due to the use of illegal software"? If they actually WERE botting, they already know that. If they weren't, now they know what they're up against. Same thing goes for chargebacks, chip dumping, collusion, etc, etc.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, FT (or any other site) needs to deal with account fraud one of two ways:

1) If for some reason they can offer NO explanation whatsoever, they are perfectly in their rights to close the account, give the player back his or her money, and tell them they are not welcome back. They have the right to refuse to do business with anyone, for any reason (aside from those against human rights of course IE discrimination, etc.). This is the case with pretty much any business.

2) If they plan on seizing a player's money, they need to provide the player with some way of defending themselves. They don't need to provide every detail of how they were caught, but a basic explanation of what rule they're said to have broken would be a good start.

Now of course when I talk about what FT "has to do", or what their "rights" are, I understand that in reality FT can do pretty much whatever they want. They can give themselves all sorts of account-closing powers in their T&C's, and whether they meet the standards or laws of our country of residence or not, there isn't much we can do about it. When I speak of these things, I'm talking about the way FT, or any other site, SHOULD behave if they expect to be taken seriously by those who care about being treated fairly. To me, there is nothing "fair" about a site that can confiscate your money without ever telling you why or giving you an avenue of appeal. "Your money is ours, no we won't tell you why, decision is final, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out". Yes, FT CAN do this, just like I CAN choose to take my business elsewhere. As I have.

Edit to add: If FT HAS given sillysal some explanation, then obviously they are changing their ways, and much of what I've said above is rendered irrelevant. I might be jumping the gun, but given what we've seen in the past, I'm sorry to say that I doubt it.