View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: What Have You Collected?

I have a strong collecting and hoarding impulse the other day I couldn’t bring my self to throw out a new stack of monopoly money even though I don’t have a copy of the game.

As a kid I had a nice collection of star wars figures I ebayed the last of them away a few years ago.
In my youth I collected The Incredible Hulk comic and some other Marvel comics but the Hulk was my favorite I have a full run from its relaunch with issue 102 up to its relaunch as Hulk 1 some time in the early 2000. I hunted about at comic conventions and in shops filling the gaps in my collection over a period of years paying good money for crappy 1970s issues I knew would have poor art and awful plots and dialogs.
Concurrent with the comic collecting was my collecting of Games Workshop metal miniatures toy solders from a fantasy universe. I have two giant armies though I never played one game with them. Recently I looked into Ebaying them only to find they are worth more unpainted. I don’t want to sell them for less then they are worth but I don’t want to strip the paint off it just seems like I'm accepting that my artistic attempts devalue things like trying to sell a painting and finding buyers will pay more for the canvas.
I also have a SNES and a N64 and most of the best games for both of them though I drew the line at Japanese only RPGs oh and in a dark corner I have about a hundred issues of EDGE magazine not the gay life stile mag the Computer games one. I had a couple of hundred issues of White Dwarf Games Workshop related magazine which I didn’t want to throw out so put in the shed they of course got damp and eaten by snails and I ended up throwing them out I now see they are worth about £4 a pop see why I don’t like to throw stuff out?