View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: NL100: This [censored] lagtard whore

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you checkraise the flop actually? You might have had a good reason, but you didn't tell it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, because $1 bets into $12 pots make me insane. There is more, of course: I wanted to charge him for draws and make him make ridiculous bad calls with midpairs and what not. Like, he would call A8o or Q8 in this spot, and likely check it down or bluff if a bad river came. The problem is that a bad turn AND river came. I was by far more prepared to call a bluff with a bad river came (like, for instance, he may try to bluff a mid pair if the cards game Ax 2s instead).

Being OOP in this hand with this flop sucks. In truth, if he bets $4 on the flop or something, for instance, I just smooth call. The $1 into $12 is just insanely retarted, but perhaps I should have adhered to the philosophy that this bet is the equivalent of a check and just called.

Also, if he has a king, he's more likely to fire at the turn. He will check it down if he doesn't, I feel.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. You should treat it like a check. It drives me insane too, but you don't know if he is doing this with a great hand so you might just wait for the turn to make your decision. If you decided to c/c, you should do this and not change your decision after he made that ridicolous bet unless there is some metagame reason for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.