View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Election! - The Game Thread

All,

It's probably pretty obvious by now but I had a different interpretation of the rules than Nich and some of you (though sources indicate that some agreed with mine). I interpreted a vote being bought as changing a person's vote. As a result if someone is on the bloc and their vote is bought, if they were voting with everyone else before, they no longer are and hence the bloc does not get extra voting power.

It's Nich's game, but I think next time it should be just a very simple setup. Say 7 or 8 wolves, 1 seer, maybe a vote buyer on each side and/or a double voter on each side, and 15 villagers. My initial idea for the final 3 was that you had congress and a president. Congress is two people, the president is obviously 1. You can't be both at the same time. You vote for congress and president. Top 2 vote getters in the congress race are elected, and the top in the presidential race is elected (this could also be changed so that there are 3 elections, one house, one senate, one president). Each congressman PMs the mod a person to be lynched. If they choose the same person, that person is the lynch. If they choose different people, then the president gets to decide which of the two is the lynch. Further rules would be term limits - you can have a role twice in a row but that's it, or something similar.