View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 04:44 AM

Default $200: Bubble, short but not shortest, 55 utg with 940, bb800+reads

Hi STTF,

This hand illustrates a few things. First and foremost, I think my session was too long. This happened at the end of a 4 hour session with 15 tables open (my standard is 12, but I had just signed up for 3 more as I was lategame in like 4 and anticipiating them to end soon.) The fact that I had 15 open is a problem anyways, I was tilting and definitely not playing my best game because I felt like I was running like absolute [censored] and was chasing my losses. This is a leak I need to plug fast obv. I will rant a bit in this hand and hopefully it will be ok.

Anyways, here is the hand.

Blinds 400/800
UTG Hero 1140
Button 'semi unknown' 11k
sb 'regular, 9% roi at 55 and 109, just moving up' - 740
BB - just under 3k

My stack has suffered erosion due to my brutal position on the bubble. Shorty has been short all bubble and has dwindled to less than 1k on the bubble , won his all in, and then hovered.

A hilarious hand last orbit just saw shorty get it all in with 22 pf vs A7h and JQc checking him down. 9Th 4c flop, turn 9c .... Villian avoids any 4, 7, 8, T, J, Q, K, A heart or club on the river when the 3d falls. Are you serious.

Anyways, the sb is a 'regular' but ive seen him make a wacky play one time calling my UTG bubble shove for 3k with JKs from the SB one time at 200-400. Thats the only lategame note I have on him.

Today is the first i've s een button, but hes been on multiple tables in the late game. He has been owning the bigger stacks on the bubble when he is utg and shorty is button. He got his stack this tournament by limping 66ep at BB200 and calling a 1500 push from LP. He then had the tough calls of QQ and JJ vs undercards at 5 and 6 handed and held both times. He declined my offer of 1k for his luckbox which i made during this game, in light of a previous hand today where his A9 took down my AA aipf.

In game I didnt want to shove, get called by button, give sb the freeroll, and have bb call me for 140 more, they check it down like they did vs shorty, and me race possibly 4 overs. However, 55 is better than i figure to get next hand, and sb can still fold and i will be forced all in in my bb or sb.

Your thoughts?