Thread: Why Limit?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Why Limit?

[ QUOTE ]
There are limit bots out there that are crushing high stakes limit. The only bots out now for NL are shortstack bots for microlimits. To me, that says a lot about the game of limit compared to NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct about there being bots online. Bots exist in both Limit and No-Limit hold'em. In the last year sites have done more in Anti-Bot technology and actually banning accounts and seizing money and then redistributing it the "victims" then any other year to date. As a bot hunter there are many ways to detect bots that I really can’t go into here. Limit hold'em Heads Up bots though are what you’re referring to when it comes to bots crushing high stakes. They are beatable for a small amount in the long run but what makes these bots bad is they take the fishes money. The bots exist in Limit HU more then any other form of poker because there are less variables and only one other opponent to play which the bot does very well with adapting against. If you read the internet forum right now another botter was just caught with 3 accounts botting FTP at stakes of 30-60 to 100-200 and all money was seized and so forth. Right now it is very dangerous to bot on any site because the sites are really starting to see how this could effect there business and profitability in the future. Limit hold'em is an action game where there are always fish like myself plentiful in most ring games anywhere poker is played. It is true that NL is on fire right now but personally for me NL is so so boring and I like to be able to have fun while playing poker. So I like to play almost every hand and take the "any 2 cards can win approach" when playing LIVE because I like the game. I have friends that play both games NL and Limit and the consensus is there is more money right now to be made in low stakes and medium stakes limit then in NL limit right now online. For LIVE I would say for lower stakes that NL might be a better option. I love limit and it’s why I am about to be a proud owner of a new home, thanks to limit hold'em.

-Crazy Mike