View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: I suck at AK preflop because I don\'t know how to plan it

I think all of this is making sense.

As the hand was going down I waffled a bit when the action came back to me because I was considering all of these factors. I didnt express anything outwardly really, but I did heistate for a moment.

My thoughts kind of rapidly did this:

1)I have LP crushed and I want to get hu with him
2)lots of $$ in the pot and still some FE vs mp
3)this hand will be impossible to play postflop if MP calls
4)Mp may fold without me reraising
5)I don't want to fold because I think I'm crushing LP
6)I can't raise some smaller amount because it'll end up committing me postflop or causing an UGLY fold
7)F it, "all in"

MP didnt like that. Nope not one bit.

I've learned in NL to just fold my hands together and rest my nose on them while looking at the middle of the pot when I'm in a hand. I'd been doing that consistently and did that again here as MP was in the tank.

He checked his stack. He counted the pot. He checked his cards. He prodded me for info and got nothing. He checked his hand again. He really didn't want to let this go, and I had taken a big line - especially considering my position. He thought some more and was clearly teetering between folding and calling.

finally he reluctantly called.

lp instacalled.

I flipped up the AK. MP sighed and flipped up QQ. LP showed AQ.

of course the case Q came out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In the end I think this villain actually can make that fold at least some of the time. He probably didnt trust me because I'd been splashing around a bit, but he REALLY hated his situation and I can tell that he's made big pf folds before. Pete - yeah, i'd call him weaktight. I think he still makes the fold with JJ. If he does then the shove is probably right. I'm also a little surprised that he didnt repop me pf, but I guess that sits right there in the weaktight mindset so there you go. I handn't seen him have a hand that big yet.

thx all.