View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Mario Strikers Charged strategy discussion

Also, here are some individual things I often see and have some trouble with.

- The toad run to the corner deke into the goalie passing at the last second or letting the ball come out play. The ball often goes to an attacker who basically has an empty goal. Only way I can find to really stop this is to try to hit anybody near the goal or obviously stop toad before he gets there. It's tough though because if you go for him and miss you're in a bad spot.

- Boo deke-shot. A couple guys (maybe the same guy a couple times?) just get the ball to boo on the wing and move around just in front of the goal until you get out of position and go in. He's fast and they've practiced so it can be tough to stop. Other than just try to stay disciplined and let him come to me that's about all I can do. This strategy is right up there with hammer spamming as the most annoying in the game. The guys that can score a high % of the time with the boo deke-shot are extremely tough to beat and the guys that just go for it over and over are super annoying.

- Bones or waluigi bumping it forward down the wing for the deke in. I use this a fair bit as it's extremely difficult to stop once they get ahead of you. I think the key is that when you see them doing this play the angle so you meet them in the corner.

- charge and deke with mario et al or boo. This is tough to stop and you have to just try to get where their deke will land them and hit or tackle them. Luck seems to be a big factor.

Deke Spamming:
Hammer - obviously wait until just after the smash to hit them though it can be hard if you're having trouble with the timing. This can be extremely frustrating, especially if it's on a strange field like the ship. I think here having several fast guys helps a ton. Also, this is a great time to use your items if you have them.

- Wario, DK, Petey, are basically the same as above.

- Toad, Diddy jumping. I'm not too sure what to do here. I just try to get where they will land and hit them or tackle.