View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Help me stumble through this hand...

[ QUOTE ]
I mentioned that I considered check raising for a half of second, and he said how would you like to be facing 3 bets, which I knew was a total bluff...if he threebets that board, I probably go into a call down monkey. But his range is so scewed toward AK+ and TT+ that I think the math and position speaks for itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

pope--

This is a weird hand to post, because it's so HB-specific. I don't know how he views you but I'd be very surprised if, after he checks, the right play involves anything other than putting maximal chips in the pot at every opportunity. I guess if LP is one of a few CAZ types I can think of, checkraising the flop and then checkraising the turn might be better. But even then, they might raise the turn if you bet and HB calls, in which case you've extracted more from HB.

Also, Bayes' Theroem tells me that LP is not as aware as you're making him out to be, because if he actually had an idea of what your and HB's ranges are here, he would probably be taking an acetylene torch to whatever hand he played preflop.

Howard--

I don't mean to criticize you in this thread. All I'm saying is that when you insta-3-bet Pope here your range is very narrow. Also, I usually don't give opponent-specific strategy on these forums, but everyone who reads already knows you play tight here, and anyway I figure these posts might help you steal a couple pots here or there later.

--Nate