View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: *** Official NY Mets Our OFFSEASON Has Come Thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Church was worth more than 7 wins last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not picking on you, but i want to get this out there:

WARP3 sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I qualified it by noting that the defensive credit BP gives Church is considered accurate, hence it's not far off. I bet a .280 OF with very good D = 7 wins.

[ QUOTE ]
re: milledge being as good now as church, it's true. ZIPS link

[/ QUOTE ]

That link really doesn't say much =/

[ QUOTE ]

I was assuming that one of them would have been traded this offseason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful, but at least you should've said as much, I'm not going to assume you're assuming Alou's going to be traded, why would I?

[ QUOTE ]
why the personal attack?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't personal or an attack, I thought you were just being lazy

[ QUOTE ]

Vyse,

Barring injuries to outfielders in spring trading there is no way the Mets were going to have both Milledge and Gomez on the 25 man roster for opening day. Not with Chavez, Easley and Anderson already on the bench. Right or wrong they would have sent Gomez down to New Orleans to get his at bats, which is the same thing they did with Milledge the last couple of seasons.

Think before you post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, wrong player, same general point. They have no OF depth. No one who doesn't suck, anyway. If they don't like / trust Milledge -- and it's obvious they don't -- then why would they want two spots in the lineup -- OFs no less -- that they don't trust for production?

After that the question is whether or not they SHOULDN'T trust Milledge. I partially buy into that but not fully. But it's not a HORRIBLE bad, it's just not a particularly good one.