View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: fold x2, but how\'d I play the rest?

Hand #1: Ok, pre-flop is really on the border with A9o, but I think we can play this on the button. A8o and below I think is a muck. Raising is definitely bad as Entity already outlined, so I won't waste my time. If it's worth playing, it's worth a limp, and I've seen one of the tightest and best players at Bay 101 40/80 limp in this spot with this hand, so it reinforces my belief this hand is playable.

Question is, would you raise with ATo in this spot? I tend to, but I'm starting to wonder if limping is better. If not, where is the line? AJ? AQ?

As played, you should raise the flop immediately, and hope BB 3-bets. The problem with waiting for a "safe" turn card is that (like this instance) BB froze when an overcard appeared. In addition, it's not like the bet came from your immediate right where you can encounter everyone with 2 big bets on the turn. When villain 3-bets, I'd peel the river to improve.

Hand #2: This is one of those hands where Hand #1 might come into play. If you didn't fold hand #1, then I would be more inclined to give tricky villain a better range for #2. But now that you're seen as a "folder" in Hand #1 (where most normal opposition would at least call the turn 3-bet), you might have to call down because she might be thinking you're an easy target to bluff as you are capable of making a "good" laydown.

Garland