View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: WPT World Championship thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well he's a better tournament player than i probably will ever be and i make that call instantly so maybe im the retard...

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's Kirk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say Carlos had AA or KK or AK. He reraises for 1/3 of Kirk's stack, Kirk calls. Carlos puts Kirk squarely on QQ, JJ, TT, 99. The flop comes Q J 9. Carlos is done with the hand on that flop. That's what Kirk is thinking, how the hell did that flop not scare the crap out of Carlos given the preflop action? QQ (or KT) is the only hand that it makes any sense to bet into me there, and he's right, it is. Then he decided, to hell with it, I can't possibly fold this, but I don't think he had a clue what Carlos had, and actually thought there was a real chance that he was way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
This has to be a level.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ you. Are you so used to rapid fire instacalls that you see on TV that you can't comprehend that someone may think through a hand that, if they lose, knocks them out of a tournament that they feel pretty good about getting to one or two? A swing of roughly $3.5M? You armchair poker players who see everyone's cards on your screen and know what the best play is all the time are a laugh.