View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Books: What are you reading tonight?

Just finished Breakfast of Champions, it was my first run-in with Vonnegut and I was really disappointed. There were moments here and there that were funny and intriguing, but the majority was dull, slow, and contained uninteresting asides. At the end there is a line, I think from the narrator, that gave me the idea that he purposely included these dull details throughout in response to other works, or to make the point that it's unimportant, but its a poor excuse and ruine dthe novel imo.

Also just finished God is Not Great by Chirstopher Hitchens. Fantastic, interesting read. Though Hitchens is Hitchens and goes on and on as he tends to do, but nonetheless I loved it.

Next up for non-fiction I'll be reading At Canaan's Edge by Taylor Branch. It's an exhaustive book about Martin Luther King's last years. I've been wanting to read it for a while now and am quite excited to finally get to it.

Not sure what fiction book I'll read next. I think it's between Rum Punch by Elmore Leonard, Catch-22, or something to coordinate with Halloween(Frankenstein, Dracula, The Invisible Man, etc.). Any thoughts?