View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Anybody here got a vasectomy?

[ QUOTE ]
I had it when i was 26. The doctor will read some disclaimers like its 99.9999 (or something on those lines) effective but in extremely rare cases even after vasectomy the tubes came together and you impregnate someone. to reverse it is very difficult.

Then the doc asked if i had any kids. i said, i didnt have any, never wanted any. He was surprised and urged me to reconsider one more time. i was steadfast and he agreed on a date 3 weeks away. very cool doc [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have kids either, and the first doctor I went to urged me not to do it. I told her I hadn't changed my mind about having kids in 14 years, and had already resolved to adopt if I ever did. She flat refused to do the surgery anyway and claimed no doctor in her clinic would do it for someone my age. The next doctor I called in the same clinic did it with no hesitation. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The surgery was cake. No shot in the balls either (I can't believe some docs still do this!), just an IV injection and a couple snips and it was over. Easier than getting a tooth filled. I experienced virtually no pain afterwards. I didn't even fill the prescription the doctor gave me, although I took some ibuprofen once or twice because my lower abs were kinda sore. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

OP, you say you can't afford kids for the next 8 years or so. Fine, but that doesn't sound like a problem that warrants a permanent solution. You'd better be 100% sure you do not EVER want to have a kid before you get this done (and believe me, the next 8 years won't take as long to pass as you think).