View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Ask buriedbeds about losing 200 lbs (very, very long)

[ QUOTE ]
Using both methods, I lost weight. I think detractors of the atkins diet try to make the point that point that people eat less under the Atkins diet and thats why it works. Even if that is true, the reason people eat less under the Atkins diet isn't simply that they have less options or get sick of eating meat. Its that if you eat a no carb diet, you don't get as hungry and you don't need as many calories to function normally.

My understanding is that when you eat sugar and starch, your blood sugar gets immediately spiked. This spike releases insulin which removes the sugar from your bloodstream. Now that your blood sugar is depleted, your body suddenly needs more sugar. I think we've all felt this, you eat some sugar, you have a ton of energy for an hour, or however long, then you crash and need another hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. You eat less because you don't feel like you HAVE to eat more. It is fantastic, and for people who are EXTREMELY addicted to carbs (like me), it is literally a godsend.

Again, I'm not saying that it's perfect for everybody, but for some people - like me - it is. People with insulin disorders or carbohydrate sensitivity really, really benefit from it.

-bb.